Experienced – Problem Solver – Coalition Builder – Results Driven
Kelly is a transformational change agent and visionary executive with 20+ years of experience in the public and private sectors who excels at building coalitions and relationships that achieve results. She takes innovative approaches to leveraging partnerships between industry, government and advocacy groups across federal, state, private, and non-profit sectors. She possesses extensive experience in cross-functional team management and is skilled at breaking through organizations silos and status quo thinking.
Currently a Director with Grant Thornton Public Sector LLC, Kelly is leading Technology Business Management (TBM) strategy and engagement across the Public Sector practice. Kelly is a passionate public servant supporting four Administrations over nearly 16 years at four federal agencies. Kelly’s desire and ability to position technology to transform the way organizations do business and carry out their mission objectives has never been more important as we face the pandemic impacts and the need to leverage technology in different ways to meet the growing needs across the U.S. and around the world. Kelly’s federal government experience includes:
- S. Agency for International Development, April 2019-January 2020, Foreign Service Executive and Senior Strategic Advisor to the Chief Information Officer
- The White House, Executive Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget, Office of the Federal Chief Information Officer, 2015-2019, Performance Analyst and Branch Chief
- S. Department of Interior, 2007-2015, Acting Chief of Staff and Director IT Planning and Portfolio Management
- S. Food and Drug Administration, 2004-2007, CPIC Program Manager
Kelly’s conscientious approach and critical thinking has given her a strong grasp on the intent behind IT management practices so she is able to use creative solutions to produce outstanding results. Wherever she has served through her career, she has continuously improved performance and enabled mission effectiveness. Some career highlights include:
- Drove efficiencies and streamlined policies across the entire Federal IT portfolio;
- Modernized the outdated federal IT Capital Planning & Investment Control processes;
- Championed a continuous improvement approach to the government-wide Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) implementation;
- Elevated IT spending transparency to be a Presidential Management Agency Cross Agenda Priority Goal; and
- Overhauled communications, change and project management for a world-wide IT organization as a Foreign Service Executive at USAID.
Kelly’s visionary leadership, passion for public service, and ability to produce results has earned her many accolades: 2018 TBM Council Collaboration Award, 2017 Federal 100 Award, 2017 FedScoop 50 Disruptor of the Year Finalist, 2017 CPIC Conference Partner of the Year, 2016 FedScoop DC’s Top 50 Women in Technology, and in 2014 a March of Dimes Heroine in Technology Award Finalist for her commitment to community service which includes:
- ACT-IAC Executive Committee member and 13 year Volunteer
- American Innovation and Modernization Council, Board Member
- National Capital Area Girl Scouts 7 year Volunteer, Troop Leader
- VetSports, Gala Committee Member
- National Cathedral Congregation Committee Member
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership 25 year Volunteer, including establishing a local affiliate organization within DC offering leadership development programs to DC students.
- Executive Women In Government, prior board member
Kelly is passionate about helping individuals and organizations achieve their full potential as well as empowering women and girls. Kelly holds a B.A. in International Comparative Politics and French and a Masters in International Development and Public Administration from Western Michigan University. Kelly resides in Arlington, VA with her husband and two children.