Insights to Better Business
IT Portfolio Management, IT Governance, & IT Project Management Support
To assist in improving and standardizing key IT governance disciplines, practices and tools across the federal government.
T. White Parker assisted this client by providing the following support:
- IT Governance Policy & Process Development
- Government-Wide Training & Coaching
- Systems Analysis
- Solution Design, Requirements Gathering and Analysis
- Strategic Communications
- Stakeholder Expectation Management
- IT Project Management
Successful development, implementation and deployment of the government-wide IT governance policy and a refined IT portfolio management system. This output resulted in the following outcomes: (1) improved federal IT governance policy; (2) improved quality in federal IT spending reporting; (3) improved federal IT spending transparency; and (4) improved government-wide collaboration.
- T. White Parker led efforts to collaborate with CIOs and staff across the entire government to improve and deploy IT governance policy and the designated federal IT portfolio management tool.
- Key to the success of the engagement were T. White Parker’s Analytics, IT Project Management, Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), Enterprise Architecture (EA), and overall IT governance expertise.
- This engagement was a highly visible, government-wide initiative with very tight deadlines. T. White Parker established collaborative relationships with CIOs, federal IT governance staff, and federal budget analysts to develop, vet, and refine federal IT governance policy and guidance, including the following benefits:
- T. White Parker managed a government-wide help-desk to gather federal agencies’ feedback on IT governance-related matters
- T. White Parker initiated and facilitated a forum to effectively and constructively address government-wide, IT governance-related matters
- T. White Parker’s collaboration with federal agencies and the IT governance software developers supporting them led to an on-going forum which resulted in standardized training, collaborative issue resolution and the overall improvement of IT governance within the federal government.